Make-up, a complement to your personal beauty
In our society, make-up has become more than just the use of facial cosmetics to improve appearance. It has also been established as an indispensable element to enhance people's personalities. This new sense of make-up and the innovative techniques that have been introduced today have given the face a natural look that adapts to the age and skin circumstances of each person. When it comes to beautifying your face, you must always take into account what type of skin you have and which make-up will best suit you at any given time. At Perfume's Club we care a lot about beauty, and that's why we want to show you the best way to use makeup.
In addition, when you have known your skin type and you are deciding what type of make-up you want, on our website you have a wide variety of products to help you choose the one you like best: a BB cream, a concealer, some matifying powders... A variety of options from the best brands, which will help you decide. Your makeup basics will be easier to choose from with these tips to help you enhance your natural beauty like never before.
Ideal make-up for every skin type
As not all skins are the same, make-up may not be suitable for certain skin types and in some cases may even have adverse effects. In addition, any type of make-up for our face is not suitable either. For example, cream makeup may not be suitable for oily skin, and liquid makeup is not recommended for use in summer or when exposed to high temperatures. For this reason, we are going to detail what types of skins there are and the make-up that best suits each one:
- Normal skin: It is the most balanced and uniform type of skin, with almost no imperfections. You can use all kinds of make-up: liquid, cream, powder.... the one that best suits you!
- Dry skins: Dry skins are those that tend to dry out and do not retain the liquids that keep them moist or have a low secretion of natural fats. The key to make-up with this type of skin is simple: moisturize as much as possible. This is best done with fluid, liquid make-up that contains moisturizing and emollient properties.
- Oily skins: These are those that have an excess of oil, especially in areas such as the forehead, nose and chin. They are thicker and have greater dilation of the pores. It is best to use compact make-up or powders, always avoiding those containing any kind of oil.
- Combination skins: Combination skins are those with both oily and dry skin characteristics. They show brightness in some areas such as forehead, nose or chin, but in other parts of the face may be dry. In this case we are going to choose a type of liquid make-up, free of oils, and if they also contain some type of better moisturizing factor.
- Sensitive skins: They are delicate skins, they irritate or dry up easily. They are prone to redness and acne, and care should be taken if you are allergic to any component of the makeup you are going to use. The perfect make-up for this type of skin is the one specifically indicated, as it does not contain overly aggressive elements. The most recommended for this type is light cream makeup, after having hydrated our face correctly.
It is important that you see your dermatologist to find out more about your skin type and to avoid possible adverse reactions when applying make-up.
How to apply your perfect makeup
The most important thing about makeup is the way you apply it, and the key to success is knowing how to do it, bearing in mind that the order in which you do it could alter your results or even damage your skin.
- The first thing you should do is to conscientiously cleanse your face, exfoliating it and cleaning it with a neutral soap that respects your skin type.
- Then apply the moisturizer that best suits your skin type and leave it on for about ten minutes so that the skin can absorb it correctly.
- You can start with a pre-corrector for darkened areas (such as under the eyes) or for those days when you need more coverage. Otherwise, we will simply apply the concealer with small touches in the areas where we need to hide or camouflage something.
- You should choose a good foundation adapted and recommended for your skin type and depending on the circumstances (for example: if you are going to expose yourself to the sun, it is better if you have SPF). Always better if we apply the base with a brush or sponge to spread it better and gain uniformity.
- Corrective powders can be applied to cover shine and highlight and hide areas of the face, to our taste and criteria.
- The following steps are very personal. When applying colour to the face (bronzers, blushers, eye shadows), the most important thing is to choose the right brushes to guarantee a flattering result.
With these simple general steps you can achieve incredible results.
General composition of make-up
Have you ever wondered what are the ingredients that give the effectiveness of a good makeup? In general, we can say that the composition of make-up has not changed much since the beginning of its industrial manufacture, but its quality has improved a lot to obtain better results while respecting the health of our skin.
- Make-up powders: these are basically composed of talcum powder (between 60% and 80%) and starch (a vegetable ingredient capable of absorbing water). They may also contain mineral extracts such as zinc or magnesium and organic polymers (they prevent the powders from becoming compact). Of course, they also contain antioxidants to help preserve them and the pigments responsible for their colouring. They may also contain a perfuming element to correct or neutralize the smell.
- Lip balms: they are mainly made of waxes/fats, which are organic compounds that solidify at room temperature and give it that creamy texture. Oils of vegetable, mineral or synthetic origin to give shine, emolliency or to improve its texture. Finally, there are other ingredients that provide other properties such as moisturizers, protectors, repairers, etc..
With this we have a general idea of the ingredients contained in our make-up, which today has evolved and is getting closer and closer to a clear and desired goal for everyone: naturalness and freshness, always respecting our skin.