Beautifuland vital hair, your best expression of beauty
Treatingour hair the way it should be treated every day is a fundamental issue to feelsecure with ourselves and comfortable with our appearance: our hair is part ofour personal beauty. But to be perfect, we will need a small dose of daily careand attention. At Perfume's Club we want to make that task less complicated foryou, so we're going to give you some details about the essential topics youneed to know about your hair.
We willbegin by going to the root of the problem we want to address or mitigate. Forthis you will need to know what your hair type is and how you can treat yourscalp. Following in our footsteps, you'll learn in advance which products maybenefit you the most, as well as the best time to apply a repair conditioner, akeratin mask, or a thermal protector.
Determinewhat characteristics your scalp has and what your hair type is
Before youestablish a daily routine of hair care, it is essential that you know well thecharacteristics of your leather hair and how you will treat it. The dilemmaoften revolves around the sebaceous glands (responsible for secreting thenatural lubrication of your hair) that often produce an excess (problems withoily hair or dandruff) or the opposite (dryness and brittle hair). As we do notall have the same metabolism and this is often influenced by external factors(stress, diet, habits, etc.), we will have to pay attention to the types ofscalp that exist in order to identify our own:
- Oily: Ithas sebaceous glands that produce excess sebum and give the hair a straight anddull appearance. This may be due to either hormonal changes (common in pubertyor maturity) or stress. People who have oily scalps also have oily hair. Theusual hair type with these characteristics is light hair, which is much finerthan dark hair and therefore more susceptible to excess oil. Oily hair willneed frequent but not daily cleansing, because if we wash it too much we willend up producing more sebum as a natural response of our body. You will needoil-free shampoos that have astringent properties and mild detergent. If youdry-clean it, it will be better for you, and it is better not to use too manymasks. If necessary, apply it only to the ends.
- Dry: Thistype of hair has a dull, lifeless appearance and is also more susceptible tobreakage. The most obvious cause of this dryness is dehydration of the scalp.Water retention is poor and so is natural lubrication. You will need shampooswith moisturizing properties, and if they contain vegetable oils that help youto hydrate your scalp naturally, better. You should not wash it often, but itis good to hydrate it regularly, applying the appropriate mask or serum andmoistening it a little without rinsing.
- Combination:it occurs when your scalp is between dry and oily, and is due to the fact thatthe sebaceous glands have high root activity but do not have the influence toimbue all the hair, so the tips are dry and brittle. In this case you will needthe same shampoo as an oily hair type, focusing them only on the scalp andavoiding washing the ends. Then we will treat the tips dry, with a moisturizeror repair serum.
- Normal:This is the most balanced type. It is brilliant and docile, and is the resultof a balanced and healthy lifestyle, as well as good genetics. If you combineit with the use of specific products for each of your hair's needs, you willachieve incredible results.
If you havealready located your scalp type, we will now determine what types of hair thereare, and which is yours so that you can treat it properly. Broadly speaking,they are:
- Thick hair:The main characteristic of this hair is that it has a thick strand. It is themost resistant hair type and can best withstand wear, hairstyles or colouring.However, it is scientifically proven that this type of hair has more difficultyassimilating moisture than other types of hair, and therefore can lead toexcess volume and frizz.
- Thin hair:this is the opposite of thick, the strand is thin and lacks volume andstrength. You will need specific products for this type of hair, which usuallycontain softer and less aggressive ingredients. Every time you wash it it isgood to use a good conditioner that nourishes your hair, as well as apply amask to the ends once a week.
- Straighthair: the strand of this type of hair is between the thick and thin type,therefore it is balanced. However, it presents several frequent problems: lackof volume, lack of shine, split ends and tendency to frizz in front of the static. To do this, we should take care of it in thefollowing way: wash it every day if it is greasy, and every two or three daysif it is normal or dry. Our shampoo should be mild, low in detergent andmoisturizer. Use little conditioner and masks that help to keep it smooth,without weighing it down or curling it.
- Curly hair:This is a dry and voluminous type of hair. The strands take very wavy shapesand are fine and delicate. When we wash it, we should do it gently and nourishit intensely. The frequency with which you wash it should be lower and alwaysuse a specific, nutrient-rich conditioner. Wearing dry, daily masks, serums orvegetable oils to keep you hydrated will be a better option.
- Wavy hair:It has strands that are not as curly as the curly hair type and with much widerstrokes. For this reason it is usually somewhat thicker and not as dense. Itcan also have characteristics of both oily and combination hair. You should usethe shampoo that best suits your scalp type.
Types ofhair products that can benefit your hair
As thereare many different types of products to benefit your hair, you need to thinkcarefully about which ones to choose for your daily care. In this sense, wewant to help you by showing you in general terms what products you can use totreat your hair and how to make the most of it:
- Some typesof general shampoos are:
- Neutralshampoo: suitable for all hair types, does not treat any particular problem,simply removes dirt from the hair without major changes, respecting the naturalpH of your scalp. This type of shampoo is good for normal, balanced hair thatdoesn't need to treat any specific problems.
- Moisturizingshampoo: helps dry hair retain moisture, making it more flexible and soft tothe touch. It is recommended for curly or frizzy hair, fine and with a tendencyto dryness.
- Shampoo forcolored hair: they seek to maintain the color of the dye in the hair for alonger period of time, respecting the pigmentation. It is a very specific typefor when our hair is colored. You must take into account the characteristics ofthe shampoo and your hair color and hair type in order to choose the one thatbest suits your hair type and color.
- VolumeShampoo: Provides volume to fine, dry, dull looking hair.
- Anti-dandruffshampoo: the ultimate shampoo for those with oily scalps and excess sebum. Theyshould be used as a very specific treatment if you have this problem and shouldbe treated gently. In these cases, it is best to seek advice from yourdermatologist as soon as possible.
- Conditioners:They complement the shampoo and have softer, more emollient characteristics.The types of conditioners are the same as the ones detailed for the shampoo andcomplement it. In some cases, such as greasy or mixed hair, or normal hair witha risk of excess sebum, it is not always advisable to use the conditioner whenwashing your hair.
- The masks aretreatments for dry hair that need to retain moisture, these products also havevitamins, silk proteins, flax, oats, etc... are nourishing the hair, seal thecuticles and protect from external aggressions.
- We alsohave different types of fasteners that we can use depending on our objective:
- Fixinggels: used to maintain cohesion between locks of hair. They give a wet glow andare not sticky to the touch. They can be applied to dry or oily hair. You canchoose the type of gel that best suits your hair type, as there aremoisturizers, astringents, neutrals, etc.
- Foams: theyhave an effect very similar to that of gels, forming a very thin, transparent,soft and flexible sheath around the hair.
- Hairsprays:used to fix and shape your hairstyle. When applying it you have to take intoaccount that it is appropriate, it fits your hair type, and the hairstyle youwant to achieve with it. They are light, strong and extra strong fixing. Itsuse varies according to the hairstyle you want to achieve.
- Dryers:these should be used sparingly and if you have dry or delicate hair it isadvisable to use them as little as possible.
- Thermalprotectors: must be used before using the dryer. They create a protective filmaround your hair that protects it from heat and external aggressions.
The bestway to apply your hair products
No matterhow good a product is, if it is not applied or distributed correctly, theresults will not be good, as this step is the main condition that determinesthe effectiveness of our daily care routine.
In generalyou can follow these steps:
- The firstthing is the shampoo: keep in mind that washing should not be too vigorous, aswhen our hair is wet, it loses elasticity and is more vulnerable to aggressivewashing.
Wash yourhair as much as is recommended for your hair, for example: for dry, frizzy,curly or delicate hair it is recommended to do it once every 2 days. Of course,you should use the shampoo that best suits your hair characteristics.
Apply theshampoo by placing a small amount on your hands, rub and then spread the entireproduct evenly over your hair.
Proceed towash by massaging the scalp, making circular movements.
Rinse withwarm water.
If youapply the product daily, just apply it once when you wash your hair. If you doit less often because of your type, you can clarify and repeat the process tointensify the cleaning.
- Theconditioner: this product helps to soften the hair cuticles and counteracts theexcessive negative charge of the hair, leaving it with a good look and softtouch.
Afterwashing your hair, it is best to drain it a little or wait until it is not sowet.
Apply therecommended conditioner to the hair and not to the scalp, spreading the productfrom the tips to the nape of the neck.
Leave onfor 1 minute to allow the product to work. Rinse well and dry gently.
- Applicationof treatments to the scalp:
Split thehair lengthwise using a fine comb.
Work fromthe centre outwards, applying directly to the scalp.
Massagegently in circular movements.
Let it workfor the recommended time, apply heat if necessary.
Rinse orleave the product depending on its characteristics and the needs of our hair.
- Treatmentbased on serums or specific treatment:
To apply ityou must have previously washed your hair with the product recommended for yourtype.
Distributethe treatment throughout the hair as evenly as possible. If you have long hair,apply it to the middle and ends of your hair, avoiding the root. If, on theother hand, your hair is short, it is best to apply the treatment only wherenecessary.
Leave it onfor as long as necessary, and if necessary you may also need to apply heat (theproduct will tell you so).
Finally,depending on your product, rinse well or simply let your hair absorb it.
If youfollow these general guidelines when applying your hairdressing products, youwill achieve visible results in a short time and you will also maintain goodhair health. If you need other specific care, such as treatment for dermatitisor hair loss, it is best to see your dermatologist as soon as possible andfollow the necessary recommendations to treat your problem.