Get a stylish look, while protecting your eyes from the sun
Undoubtedly, the sunglasses have ceased to be something more than a mere tool of eye protection. They have become one of the basic complements of our clothing, often even essential, to present a flawless and elegant daytime look. However, getting the ideal model of eyewear that suits your face is sometimes complicated by the variety of materials and styles that exist today. Moreover, we also should try that it fulfills its basic functions: protection from ultraviolet radiation, and not alter the recognition of the basic colors (green, red, blue and yellow). From Perfume's Club we want to help you decide, that you know what types of glasses will better suit your face and how to recognize their characteristics at a glance.
Of course, a determining factor when choosing a good pair of sunglasses is the brand. On our website you can find examples of the best and most recognized brands of sunglasses, such as: Calvin Klein, Nike or Rayban that will give you greater security and confidence to take the plunge.
Characteristics that must present your sunglasses
When you go to choose your sunglasses, the first thing to consider is the features that the lens must have. In this sense, we can distinguish two criteria: the category of sunscreen and the color of the lens. Each person has a different sensitivity to the light, so we recommend you to ask for advice from your optician about the type of lens that will benefit more to your eyes. But in general lines we can tell you that according to the categories of sunscreens that we can find (ranging from 0 to 4) we have:
Lens type 0: are the lightest, so its use should be limited to interiors or overcast days.
Lens type 1: are slightly colored and are indicated for days of reduced solar radiation.
Lens type 2: are moderately colored, must be used on days of medium solar radiation.
Lens type 3: has a darker and opaque color, which is why are recommended for high solar intensity, such as the beach or the mountains.
Lens type 4: is the darkest type of all. It is a type of professional lens that is only used to protect the vision in extreme brightness, as for skiing or soldering.
When you buy a pair of sunglasses, you must check that they have a label in which comes indicated the type of sunscreen they bring. This is not only useful information for you; it also indicates that the glasses are original. It is also good to take into account the sunscreen in relation to the light tolerance you have, before buying your glasses.
The following criteria we have are the color of the lens, which give different perceptions to our ocular prism of colors:
Green lens: with them you receive the colors with almost no alterations. It reduces the visible light without affecting the clarity of vision. It is suitable for water sports and people with hyperopia.
- Brown lens: filters the blue radiation and increases the contrast and the depth of the field of view. Therefore this is the color most indicated for myopic or to play sports outdoors.
- Grey lens: transmits the light evenly across the spectrum and respects better the natural colors. This type of glasses are great for driving.
- Yellow lens: is not recommended for sunny days, but improves the contrast on cloudy and hazy days.
- Orange lens: is the most suitable color in low light situations, such as night. However they are not suitable for solar use.
- Black lens: eliminate horizontal glare, avoiding glare. It facilitates driving in the snow, for example.
- Photochromic lens: these ones darken in the presence of light, and become clear in the dark. This type of lens is the most expensive and the more versatile.
As you can see the color of your glasses is not merely an aesthetic issue, so if you have clear for what situations want to use your glasses, take into account what is the color of lenses that will benefit you more.
The sunglasses that will make you more attractive
When we will choose glasses, it is common that we decant by those we like the most or are more fashionable and are the trend of the moment. However, did you know that there are different types of glasses that are best suited to each type of face? The glasses look different on each one of us, so it's good that before choosing one, we look in the mirror and define what is our face type and which glasses could suit us better. So we are going to give you some tips:
For a square face: this face has the forehead, jaw bones and cheeks of similar dimensions. If this one is yours, you will need angles to soften your face, to get it, avoid glasses with regular corners and always opt for the style more rounded as possible.
- Diamond shaped face: this type of face is characterized for having a relatively small forehead, the bones of cheeks slightly elevated and the jaw slightly pronounced. If this is your morphology, you should use relatively elongated frames, which do not cover your forehead, and rather intend to give an effect of greater amplitude.
- The rectangular type: are very similar to the square face shape, but are distinguished for having a wider forehead and larger rectangular jaw. If you are into this category you will need that your frame be as high as possible to compensate the size of your forehead and achieve belittle visually your face. Avoid glasses horizontally elongated and remember that the round ones are your greatest allies.
- Oval face: this is the best type, because if this is your case, you will be able to enjoy almost all the types of glasses, since all of them will look good on you. All you have to consider is the size of the glasses in relation to the size of your face do not choose glasses too big, not too small.
- Round face: this face will need glasses that preferably fill the face, trying to achieve equity between length and width always looking for the proportion. The frames that will better suit you are those of thick edge, because they will provide you a slight feeling of elongation and will hide the roundness.
- Triangular face: triangular faces stand out for having a broad forehead, high cheekbones and sharp and narrow chin. For this face, the type that will suit you better will be the aviator sunglasses, with light and thin frame. This will compensate the jaw naturally.
Having these tips as a point of orientation will allow you to have very good criteria. But remember that it is also important creativity, always choose the styles that appeal to you and fit your way of dressing, because in the end we will always look better with that which makes us feel more comfortable!